Joint to SoleTenancy Application

In some cases, a joint tenancy may break down and one tenant may want to stay in the home as a sole tenant. This may happen when a joint tenant provides four weeks’ notice to quit the property or through a court order requesting a tenant be removed.

Download Form Complete Application Online

How does
it work?

If a joint tenant provides a notice to quit, this will end the tenancy for all joint tenants.  We will send all joint tenants confirmation that we have received the notice to quit and let you know the end of the tenancy date.  In the letter, we will ask the remaining tenant to contact us within 14 days if they wish to be considered for a sole tenancy.  

Your Community Housing Officer will complete an investigation and let you know if the sole tenancy has been granted or refused.  If your application is successful you will attend a sign-up appointment and complete a new tenancy agreement.

Other Applications

*Any personal information which you provide within any Bron Afon form will be stored securely and confidentially and will be used solely in relation to the subject that you request from the options below. Your personal information will not be supplied to any party outside of Bron Afon.