Any family that lives in Torfaen, with children aged 0-18 and who gives us their consent. All you need to do is call our team who will be able to take your information over the phone and refer you to the service.
Your call will be handled with sensitivity.
There are many reasons you or someone you know may need support. If you’re finding things hard, one of our friendly team of support officers will help you put together a plan of action to help find a solution, and can stay working with you for up to six months.
We can help with:
- assessing the needs of your family and putting together support to meet these needs
- coordinating support from different agencies, forming a TAF (Team Around the Family)
- arranging support if someone in your family has a disability
- advising on specific projects or services that can help your family’s own needs
How much does this cost?
Absolutely nothing! Our service is free* and available from Monday to Friday. We can visit you at home or at another location that suits you and also offer virtual support. If our service is not the one for you, we will direct you to another more specialized local service.
If you have any questions or if you aren’t sure that this is the right service for you, just give us a call.
If you think we can help and you would like to make a referral for yourself or on behalf of someone you know (with their consent), please contact us.
*Commissioned by Families First – Torfaen Family Support Programme.
Managed by Torfaen County Borough Council.
Links to help
we support you?
Examples of what we can support with: Behavioral support – direct sessions or Parenting, Finance, Housing, Building School and Community Links, Self-esteem and confidence, Healthy Relationships.
All you need to do is call our team who will be able to take your information over the phone and refer you to the service.
- General Enquiries – TAFCofirstname.lastname@example.org
- North Torfaen (postcode starting NP4) – 01495 742827
- South Torfaen (postcode starting NP44) – 01495 742854
- TAF Co-ordinator – 01495 766972