We have over 8,000 homes in Torfaen and are building new homes every year. Our homes are affordable and maintained to the Welsh Housing Quality Standard.
Finding a homewith Bron Afon.
Who can use this service?
Anyone over the age of 16 is eligible to join Homeseeker and apply for Social Housing; unless they fall within one of the ineligible groups set out below.
Important – Once you have completed an application form, you must provide the following documents:
- Proof of identity for all household members (e.g. passports, birth certificates)
- Proof of your current address (e.g. recent gas or electricity bill)
- Evidence of your right to reside in the UK if you are not a British Citizen (e.g. passport and other relevant documents from the Home Office)
Once these documents have been received, your application will be assessed and placed into an appropriate priority band.
Who is ineligible to join the register?
The law states that certain people who are subject to immigration control, cannot be provided with housing through Homeseeker.
These include the following groups:
- People with restrictions or conditions on their leave to enter or remain in the UK.
- People who have entered the UK illegally or who have outstayed their leave.
- People who are not habitually resident in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man or Republic of Ireland
Social Housing is available to everyone (see ineligible criteria for exceptions), but it may not be the most convenient or appropriate option, with some applicants waiting many years for a property.