Bron Afon Repairs.

We are responsible for maintaining and repairing the structure of your home or garage. This includes any inside and outside fixtures or fittings that we have provided for your home. Here’s what you need to know.

We aim to carry out repairs quickly and to provide you with a quality service. Under the terms of your tenancy, you are responsible for keeping your home in good condition, and you must take responsibility for some minor repairs. Details of repair responsibilities can be found here.

At Bron Afon, we strive to provide you with essential hints and tips to assist you in efficiently checking and maintaining your home.

We take responsibility for the maintenance and repair of your home or garage, covering both the structural elements and any internal or external fixtures and fittings that we have supplied.

What is an emergency repair?

When there is a serious risk to you or your home, we aim to attend within 24 hours. We carry out emergency work to make a situation safe.

The types of work our emergency teams attend are:

· Severe roof leaks
· Burst pipes/loss of water
· Blocked drains
· Blockage of your only toilet
· Total loss of electrical power or light
· Loss of gas
· Loss of heating in cold weather where there is no other form of heating available (between 31st October and 1st May)

We carry out emergency work to make the situation safe. This may include isolating the water supply when a major leak occurs or boarding up a broken window to make a property secure. We may carry out some minor repairs at the emergency visit but, if we need to do any follow up work, you will be given either an urgent or routine appointment.

*If you request an emergency repair but we find out it was not a genuine emergency, we may charge you for the service.

We recognise that vulnerable residents will need special consideration in certain circumstances.

The intention of emergency work is to make the situation safe. For example, this may include isolating the water supply when a major leak occurs or to board up a broken window that makes a property insecure. Some minor repairs may be completed at the emergency visit but, if required, any follow up work will be given either an urgent or routine appointment.

*If an emergency repair is requested by a resident but subsequently, we are informed that it was not a genuine emergency, we may charge you for the service.

What do I do if I can smell gas?

In a gas emergency, turn off the gas control valve, ventilate by opening doors/windows, and avoid flames and electrical switches. Contact Gas Emergency Services at 0800 111 999. Check our self-help guides for more information.

Read more


In case of a fire, immediately call 999 or ask someone to do so. Do not attempt to extinguish the fire yourself. Instead, leave the area and move to a safe place. You can read more via our Self-help guides on Fire Safety.

Read more


If you suspect a dangerous electrical appliance, turn off the mains switch on the fuse board. Unplug the appliance and switch the mains back on. For total power loss, check the fuse board and contact the electricity supplier at 0800 052 0400 if necessary. Please click below to read more in our Self-help guides.

Read more


In the event of a burst pipe or water leak, turn your mains stop tap off to the right and contact us at Freephone 01633 620 111. For no water supply, check with neighbors and call Welsh Water at Freephone 0800 052 0130. Please note that serious leaks in flats may require access for emergency work as per your contract or lease, find out more in our Self-help guides.

Read more

Drains and Toilets

If you suspect a toilet blockage, check with neighbour’s for widespread issues. If it’s on the ground floor, contact Welsh Water at 0800 085 3968. If neighbour’s are affected, call Welsh Water. For blockages confined to your home, call us at 01633 620 111. You can find out more regarding blockage repairs in our Self-help guides.

Read more


Tree responsibilities are as follows: Trees in your garden are your responsibility. Communal space trees are usually ours, but highway-adjacent trees may be Torfaen Council’s. Report hazardous trees to us at 01633 620 111 or Torfaen Council at 01495 762200.

Read more

Reporting a repair.

Firstly, please ensure that we are responsible for the repair. You can find out more information on the types of repair we do, and what is your responsibility by clicking the button below.

View Repair Responsibilities

You can report a repair by visiting My Bron Afon Portal, or calling us on 01633 620111 if you believe it is an emergency.

If you call outside of office hours, at weekends and during national holidays, your call will be diverted to our Out of Hours service. This service is for emergency or Health & Safety repairs only.

You should report all other repairs on the next working day.

When you report a repair, we’ll log it on our system and send you a confirmation. Our team will then get in touch with you to arrange a suitable time and date for the repair. Please note that for non-urgent repairs, there may be a delay before our team members contact you. In some cases, we may also need to send someone to assess the extent of the repairs required before we can book a follow-up visit to complete the works.

Login to BA Portal

How quickly will the repair be done?

When you report a repair, we will give it a priority category depending on the type of repair and agree an appointment date with you. We will give additional consideration for any vulnerabilities.

Download Guide

Damp & Mould

There is always some moisture in the air, even if you cannot see it. You notice it when you see your breath on a cold day, or when the mirror mists over when you have a shower or bath. Condensation is caused when moisture held in warm air meets a cold surface like a window or wall and condenses into water droplets. If this happens regularly, mould may start to grow.

View our frequently asked questions in our Self-help guides.

Self-help Guides