As your landlord, we are required to maintain your home to make sure it is fit It is important to us that you are warm, comfortable and secure in your home and we want to work with you to help manage any damp and condensation issues to prevent mould growth.
If you’re concerned about damp or mould, it’s important to report it as soon as possible so that appropriate measures can be taken to address the issue.
Here is what you can expect from us and what we expect from you if you tell us about damp, mould and/or condensation in your home.
Please make sure you tell us as soon as possible if:
- you have any concerns about dampness and/or condensation in your home
- there is faulty equipment (such as an extractor fan)
- you are unable to open windows
- you have problems with your heating system
- You must allow us and our contractors into your home to carry out inspections and repair work.
- Please work with us by managing moisture in your home to help reduce the risk of mould coming back. We have included some tips on this page to help you make small changes in your home to do this.
- You have to get permission from us if you want to make any alterations or improvements to your home, for example, installing an outside tap or adding electrical sockets. Any proposed alterations must comply with any restrictions/conditions we impose and any applicable regulations.