- Tenancy Agreements will be replaced with Occupation Contracts.
- All properties must be safe. For example, homes must have working smoke alarms, annual gas checks and electrical tests every five years .
- A fair and consistent approach to dealing with anti-social behaviour.
- Increased Succession rights. This means the right to pass on your home when you pass away.
- Contract holders (currently called tenants) can be added or removed without the need to end the contract.
Landlords will be able to repossess abandoned properties without a court order.
For more information on the Renting Homes Act Wales visit: