My Bron Afon

Support for over 50s

Torfaen 50+ is free support service for anyone over 50 in Torfaen to help them with anything that is having an impact on their life and wellbeing. Is this you or do you know someone who could benefit from our service?

If you own your home, rent privately or from a housing association, or live with friends or relatives you can use this service.

The support is paid for using a grant that Torfaen Council receive from the Welsh Government’s Supporting People programme, it is then paid to us so we can provide this service.

How can we help?

One of our expert team will visit you in your own home and give you the support you need. They can help with:

  • Applying for adaptations to your home.
  • Supporting you to move home
  • Claiming benefits.
  • Dealing with your letters.
  • Emotional support.
  • Getting you involved in social, leisure and sport activities.
  • Increasing your household skills like cooking and cleaning.
  • Improving your health and well-being.
  • Making you better at budgeting your money and paying bills.
  • Supporting you back in into work, education or training.
  • Talking to other organisations on your behalf.

Our support service is available for up to 12 months.

Do you need our support?

Our service is available on Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.

Give us a call to make a referral

Call 01495 766447


Did you know we offer a 5pm to 8pm service?

We also offer a bespoke service from 5pm to 8pm Monday to Friday where you can visit Bron Afon’s office to meet with a support officer for advice, guidance and support. Or you can call us on 01633 620480.

What do people say about our service?

“What my support worker has done in such a short space of time is incredible.”

“I had no idea this kind of support was available to over 50s. It’s changed my life.”

“I was ignoring letters until my support worker came into my life. I’m now back in control.”

“You can’t beat face-to-face support.”


Your opinion matters to us. tell us how we can improve your experience on our website.Submit Feedback