Lisa talks about what we are doing to keep everyone safe.
“Our dedicated staff love providing a service to you, our customers. Keeping these services running has been a challenge since March- as we have to keep our staff and you safe.
A few more of our services are restarting carefully so you will start to see our staff doing some types of work that hasn’t been done for a while. Here are some of the things we are doing to make sure our staff and you are safe.”
What are we doing?
- Every person you see working is following what is known as a ‘risk assessment’. This is a document that explains the steps we will follow to make sure that type of work is safe. Each team manager has sat down with their team to talk it through with them and answer questions to check its understood.
- Social distancing- Our staff maintain social distancing for their work. They will politely ask any members of the public who are nearby to maintain social distancing. If their request is ignored, the staff member will stop doing the work and return to their vehicle.
- Hand-washing & hygiene – This is essential. Our staff are doing this more frequently and always before and after any type of work starts and finishes.
- Personal Protective Equipment- Our team are wearing kit to be able to do their job safely. Our risk assessments for each type of work covers what should be worn. It is different for each situation- you can be reassured that our staff are wearing whatever should be worn in that scenario to do it safely.
How you can help
- Please Follow any instruction from our staff. Our staff need your help to work safely so please listen to anything they ask you to do.
- Social-distancing- If you see any of our staff at work please let them get on with what they are doing. Please stay at least two metres.
- Hand-washing – Please wash your hands regularly away from them at all times.
Lisa Hewitt, our health and safety manager