My Bron Afon

Community safety/ASB

Anti-social behaviour can affect many people in different ways and at different times. It’s the job of your community manager to help deal with the issues. Our community safety team will become involved with the more serious, persistent anti-social behaviour cases and consider tenancy action.

This team work closely with other agencies and organisations such as the police, fire service, social services, health care professionals and other registered social landlords.

We want to encourage people affected by anti-social behaviour being caused by Bron Afon tenants to get in touch with us for advice and support.

What is anti-social and nuisance behaviour?

Anti-social behaviour is described as acting in a way that is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to anyone not of the same household. Nuisance behaviour is behaving unreasonably in a way that affects someone.

Anti-social behaviour could include:

  • Physical violence
  • Domestic violence
  • Verbal abuse/ harassment
  • Drugs/ drug dealing
  • Parties
  • Unreasonable noise levels – music, television etc
  • Vandalism, graffiti and damage to property
  • Swearing
  • Litter and rubbish
  • Dogs barking

 When should I get help and advice

You can try to talk to your neighbour about the issue. If this fails you should get in touch with us if you:

  • have already tried talking to them.
  • don’t feel safe talking to them.
  • don’t know who is causing the problem.

Important: If the behaviour involves crime, threats or acts of violence then you should call the police. Call 999 in an emergency or 101 if it is not an emergency.

How do you report anti-social behaviour?

We know that people can be apprehensive when reporting anti-social behaviour which is why we have made sure there are lots of ways to confidentially report any incidents to us.

You can report anti-social behaviour to us any time using our online form or you can find other ways to contact us here.