My Bron Afon

Protect the things in your home.

Spring is the perfect time to spruce up your home. But, before you embark on any DIY projects, consider home insurance as a way to protect your home improvements in the event of disasters.

What would happen if something awful happened to your home such as a fire or a burst pipe? Although Bron Afon would be responsible for the repairs, we would only restore your home improvements back to a basic level.

To ensure you keep your home the way you like it, you might want to consider home insurance. This can cover the additional costs involved with returning your home to its full glory.

The weekly cost of cover is just 10p per £1,000 of insurance cover. So, if you valued your contents at £18,000 then your insurance would cost £1.80 per week. For more information or to apply, view our insurance guide here.

If you need to make a claim, contact Aviva on 0345 604 8901.

Bron Afon Community Housing does not insure your furniture, belongings, or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism, and burst pipes. You need to take out your own household insurance either with this special scheme through Aviva or by making your own arrangements.

We cannot guarantee that this scheme provides the cheapest insurance cover available, or that it provides the widest cover. You are recommended to seek alternative quotations and choose the cover that best suits your needs.

The cost of insurance is payable weekly along with your rent. To work out your weekly payment, refer to our Insurance Guide.

Insurance for your home contents.

When you take out this insurance your household goods and contents will be insured whilst in your home against events such as fire, theft, or flooding. The insurance also covers the theft of your keys and the contents in your freezer.There is also cover for personal liability.There is no cover for wear and tear or mechanical breakdown.

What you are covered for

Please refer to the Insurance Guide which details the main circumstances that are covered
(e.g. fire, theft, water damage). A specimen policy booklet is also available on request.

“New-for-Old” insurance

All your home contents are covered by the policy on a ‘new for old’ basis, with the exception of linen and clothing which will be replaced at their current cost, less an amount for wear and tear. When you are working out the cost of your insurance, you will need to work out how much it will cost to replace the full contents. If you undervalue your contents this m you may not get the full value of your claim.

How to apply

Complete the form enclosed with this booklet. Make sure that you answer all the questions and sign the declaration.

Once you have completed the form you may hand or post it to Bron Afon Community Housing.