My Bron Afon

Mutual exchange is back

Great news if you’re interested in applying for a mutual exchange – we’re now accepting new applications.

You could be eligible for a mutual exchange if:

You have no arrears and have lived in your current home for more than a year without any breaches of your tenancy agreement.

The property you want to move into has the correct number of bedrooms (you can’t move if it means you’ll be overcrowded or under-occupying in the new property.)

All you need to do is:

Register on if you’d like to swap homes with someone who is a social housing or local authority tenant and you have an assured or secured tenancy.

Once you’ve found someone you want to swap homes with, contact us for a home exchange request form. Fill it in and send it back to us.  Once we get it, we’ll start the work so you can swap homes.

We had to stop our mutual exchange service for several months during lockdown, so we do have a backlog of applications and exchanges to complete. This means it may take longer than usual for us to make a decision on an exchange being approved but we’ll do our best to get in touch with you as soon as we can.